Wednesday 27 March 2013

Just a thought

I was working in Scottish Enterprise's Dundee office yesterday. Sitting in a different
location with a stunning view of the Tay was a great way to break up the working week and shake up my routine.

On my borrowed desk for the day I found this list:

Five Global Consumer Megatrends

1) The Inmates Have Taken Over the Asylum
How have you given your customers more control over your brand?

2) Know Your Sausage
What's the most potentially dangerous ingredient in your sausage?

3) Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Who will be the public face of your business if there's a crisis?

4) Strange Bedfellows
Say hi to the person sitting next to you. Discuss what opportunities you have for collaboration.

5) All Hands on Deck
What's the problem? How can you make your customers part of the solution?

At first glance I just thought it was just a funny list. But the more I considered it, I realised it's great advice for all organisations regardless of size or sector. 

So, that's my thought for the week. Despite, or maybe because of, the amusing titles I think it's powerful stuff.

My question for you is: what would you add to this list? 

Note: I'm not sure where this list originates so I'm unable to properly give credit. If anyone knows please let me know: elizabeth.mcneil@scotent.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment